WE ARE CLOSED FOR BUSINESS, MARCH 21ST - APRIL 13TH.
Governor Whitmer ordered that all non-essential medical facilities shut down by March 22nd. We are flattered and appreciate that so many of you consider us essential to your health -- we will back to helping you just as soon as it is safe to do so!
We have cancelled all appointments scheduled for the next three weeks. Under the Governor's order, we must remain closed until April 13th. Online scheduling is still available for April 14th and beyond. We have not rescheduled the cancelled appointments yet – we will wait until we are closer to April 14th to see if things are clearing up and its looking like we might reopen. If we are not able to reopen on April 14th, we will take it week-by-week thereafter.
If you have a membership or pre-paid package, we hope that you will not cancel or suspend your membership during our closure (if you are financially able to keep it going). Obviously, the impact to small business is huge (as well as terrifying) during these unprecedented times. Overhead expenses remain regardless of whether or not we are open for business. We will be able to weather the storm a little easier if all income doesn’t come to a screeching halt. You can bank up those membership massages and come in EXTRA when we open again (you’re gonna need it!) or share extra visits with friends and family. You can even cash them out for a gift certificate! During our closure, we will also have all gift certificates and packages on sale. Again, if you are financially able to do so, please take advantage of our sale pricing and bank up some future visits and/or gifts!
When the weather gets nicer, new LMT Andy would like to hold some outdoor yoga sessions on our patio (state- and safety-permitting). We’re going to use this opportunity to do all the things that there is never time to do and we hope you do too! Please keep an eye on our website and social media as we will be posting some fun and fresh new content for both Health & Harmony and Harmony Naturals. During our closed time, voicemail and email will be checked and returned daily so please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please stay safe and healthy! Thank you for your ongoing support – it means the world to us! We’ll look forward to seeing and serving you again soon!
As of now, we are still open and plan to be as long as we can safely operate and are allowed to do so. In order to stay open, we must insist that in the past 14 days:
Your appointment MUST be rescheduled for a later date! We are using this screening questionnaire to make sure we are not taking any unnecessary risks for our patients or staff. Thank you for your understanding and patience during these uncertain times.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to change in our state, we are updating our practices in order to be as safe as possible and in compliance with the Governor Whitmer's executive orders. Kim spent all morning on the phone trying to figure out if massage therapy offices are supposed to close down. As of right now, we are not mandated to close and therefore, we will stay open. However, in order to comply with the CDC’s best practices and the social distancing directives from the state, we are implementing the following, effective immediately:
· We are closing off our lobby – we ask that when you arrive for your appointment, simply call the office line to check in (no text) from your car. Wait in your car or outside until we call you to tell you your therapist is ready.
· There is now a link for a screening questionnaire in your confirmation email and text. We are asking every patient to complete this upon every visit. Requiring that screening questionnaire be completed by every single person that enters our office will help us keep everyone safe.
· All new patients will complete intake forms on their own smartphone (or directly with your LMT).
· If you didn't complete the intake form and/or screening questionnaire before your appointment, there is note on our front door with QR codes linked to the forms you will need. If you have trouble with the forms or don't have a smartphone, please call inside and let your let the front desk know.
While we understand these extra steps may be inconvenient, this crisis won't last long term and the most important thing is that we are doing everything within our power to keep our patients and our staff safe. We greatly appreciate your cooperation during this difficult time.
We know you have already received countless notifications about coronavirus and how various businesses, schools, etc, are dealing with COVID-19. We feel given the nature of our business, it is important that you hear our plan to protect your health and ours.
Governor Gretchen Whitmer declared a state of emergency on March 10th, after the first two cases of COVID-19 were confirmed in Michigan. This decision enables the state to provide additional financial and other assistance to local governments and hospitals in an effort to help slow the spread of this respiratory illness. It does not mean we should panic.
We continue to closely monitor the progression of COVID-19, which is a novel form of the coronavirus. In addition to MDHHS, we are drawing on information from a number of trusted healthcare sources, including the Centers for Disease Control and our county health department. At this time, all of these organizations are recommending care and vigilance to ensure we stop the spread of this illness, but currently, there is no recommendation from the Ingham County Health Department for the closing of local businesses. We will continue to stay open unless advised otherwise. We are a small office where there typically are not more than 10 people in the office at one time and all 10 would never be gathered in one place, regardless. We also do not work on patients who are ill.
With the information available right now, we feel confident that our precautions will keep our staff and our patients safe. We have been and will continue following established best practices to reduce risk – much as we do during the cough, cold, and flu season anyway.
Health & Harmony office practices:
· Every massage therapist washes their hands with soap and hot water up to their elbows before and after every massage as well as after handling dirty linens or other massage equipment
· Massage table face cradles and arm slings are cleaned with Decon30 (a hospital grade virucidal cleaner) or 70% alcohol after every patient
· Hard surfaces around the office, such as doorknobs, countertops, side tables, bathroom fixtures, etc. are cleaned multiple times daily with Decon30 or 70% alcohol
· All linens are laundered with All Free & Clear, Dawn Dishwashing Liquid (to strip away oil residue in the sheets) and are washed and hot water; all linens are dried on high heat for 60 minutes
· Massage therapists will stay home if not feeling well
· Massage therapist will turn away any patient who appears to be infected with a viral illness
What we ask of you:
· Please use the hand sanitizer in the massage room prior to getting on the massage table
· Follow the CDC recommendations of:
We recognize everyone has to make decisions about their personal health, as well as the health of their families. Rest assured, we will not sacrifice the health and safety of our patients or staff. As we work to navigate this together, we ask for your understanding and patience as the situation is ongoing and changing rapidly. We will continue to monitor the situation and these organizations to ensure we are following their advice. If you have any questions, please let us know.
With a warm heart and clean hands,